Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tennis Balls

What in the heck does that mean? Well, I had bought an RV cover for the new trailer and we had it on for the last month since putting in our storage space. I was over at the trailer the other day and noticed that the rain gutter extensions had poked a hole in the cover in a couple of places. So I went on-line to the Good Sam Club forum and I noticed that some other folks had the same thing happen to them so they cut an X in a tennis ball and put them over each gutter extension. That way the sharp edges won't poke more holes or bigger holes in the cover.

While there we looked for any signs of mice(there weren't any) and picked up some the the literature the dealer gave us so I could do a little reading from the owners manual. I figured I needed to keep familiar with the operation of the different appliances and get ahead start on what do do to de-winterize when we get ready for our trip to Florida in March. So there is a good tip for those of you who may have covers and had some problems like I did. Weather has been incredibly mild so far this season. Wish we didn't have the camper covered and winterized. Oh well, it makes for some good dreams of things to come in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment