Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Horse Racing Winnings.....Beginners Luck

Last weekend we were invited to go with some friends from back in Illinois that now live in AZ and our son to go to the horse race track in Glendale, AZ. The track name is Turf Paradise. It's north of the Phoenix area and off the 101. We met our friends and got a program of the races to be run that day. I know nothing about horse race betting but our son had been at the track in the past and had a unorthodox betting system. Just bet on some of the higher odds horses and place a bet for the horse to show. That way if they come in either 1st, 2nd or 3rd you at least get paid at the show bet level.

Slightly higher odds to win some money but not big money if they won. I tried it a couple times with $2 and $3 bets and it worked. I made a little sum of money on the first 2 races with only an initial outlay of cash of $5. Well I tried my own version of this system and place a couple of bets on horses to show but after looking at the life time history of one of the horses I put a $3 bet down to win. What an incredible shock it was that the horse actually won. I don't remember the exact odds but I won $70 on that bet. The next few races didn't go as well but after the last 2-3 races I ended up with winnings of $104.00 Enough to take Glenda to dinner for some great pizza at Oregano's and buy some groceries the next day. We had a great time watching the races, talking with our friends and some beginners luck. I'm sure we'll be back some day. Not sure my luck will hold out like that though. Guess we'll see. Even if we hadn't won, it was a great time at the races.


 
What else can we try while we're here?  Guess we'll see.
Thanks for following along.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, when you come out with more than you started it's a good day at the races. Never had the opportunity to go to a horse race, just to a betting parlor back in the day...may have to try that one day while were down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Faye, We had a great time even if we hadn't of won any money but it sure did help. :-) From where you're at it would be an easy drive. IF you don't have a hike to do and looking for something different I think you would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! How nice to actually win!

    ReplyDelete